I’m not going to waste your time doing a long review of 2011 because quite frankly there really wasn’t much to remember 2011 by. So keeping it simple, here are my top seven personal memorable and ‘wish you could drink to forget’ moments of 2011. Which is which is for me to know and you to find out.
1. Metallica - My Gods and heroes – saw them up close and live in Bangalore
2. Formed band number 5 and disbanded after 5 shows
3. Rejoined guitar classes and discovered the joy of Blues guitar
4. Played with Ehsaan Noorani , and met the folks from the ‘Saturday Night Blues band’ who were somewhat inspiring
5. Finally got my PS3
6. Saw many close friends get married
7. Accepted that my MBA means nothing in the real world
Hopes and dreams for 2012 are fairly cut out, hope to earn a lot more or enough to be able to afford at least 1 vacation abroad. Or at least go to a company that sends you on these trips abroad. I hope that I get a more permanent band, make some great music and we play some great gigs, good enough to get us to play at the October Fest in Bangalore. There is the perpetual hope that I lose weight and look my age, and more importantly attempt to act my age and keep in good health. i hope I continue to meet new people and have a fun time with a chance to write a lot more blogs. And most important hope is that I remain unmarried through 2012. There are a lot of friends and family vying for my blood. I just hope that the parents don’t spring a surprise and make me do the “ Arey Mishra sahib ki ladki se mil toh lo…” Except Mishra would be replaced with a Subramanium, or Srinivasan or one of our awesome tambram names.
Wish you all a great year ahead! May all your hopes and dreams come true! Cheers!